I recently had two jobs. One of them is where I had dreamed of working when I had turned 16, and that is the one i quit. I felt like I wasn't doing what I needed to do. The way the job worked was I had to sell shoes and accessories. I couldn't do that. I was failing at this job in my head. When I started off with making $400-$500 worth in sales, but after a while I would make only about $200 worth of sales. Everyone else was making $600 - $700. With that job you had to keep your sales up or you would be let go. I wasn't going to be let go because I have a good personality and I could talk with customers, but I wasn't good at selling. So I quit. At my other job on the hand, is where I feel more comfortable.
I failed at this job because I think I wanted to let myself fail. I wanted to give myself a reason to quit. I wasn't happy there. I would dread going to work. I didn't have enough courage in myself to quit because everyone loved me (by everyone I mean the staff). Not to toot my own horn or anything but I know I have a personality that just makes friends easily. I couldn't build up the courage to tell them that I wanted to quit so I didn't do my best. I know that is never the right thing to do. If you want to do something do it right. I tend to do my best originally, but I had to break out of my comfort zone. I had to be loud and I am not a loud person.
After this experience In learned that I have to work much harder if I want get to places that I want to be. If I don't try then I won't go anywhere and feel like I shouldn't really work hard. I am using my experience form this job to work hard in my current job. And from that I can tell you I might just be going to a whole new level.
Don't regret your failures. Laugh, learn and gain something special from them. Who knows maybe it can make your life better.
I failed at this job because I think I wanted to let myself fail. I wanted to give myself a reason to quit. I wasn't happy there. I would dread going to work. I didn't have enough courage in myself to quit because everyone loved me (by everyone I mean the staff). Not to toot my own horn or anything but I know I have a personality that just makes friends easily. I couldn't build up the courage to tell them that I wanted to quit so I didn't do my best. I know that is never the right thing to do. If you want to do something do it right. I tend to do my best originally, but I had to break out of my comfort zone. I had to be loud and I am not a loud person.
After this experience In learned that I have to work much harder if I want get to places that I want to be. If I don't try then I won't go anywhere and feel like I shouldn't really work hard. I am using my experience form this job to work hard in my current job. And from that I can tell you I might just be going to a whole new level.
Don't regret your failures. Laugh, learn and gain something special from them. Who knows maybe it can make your life better.
No comments:
Post a Comment