Thursday, April 9, 2015

Abortion is a very hard topic to discuss. Most people will eventually break out in arguments because of this topic. Some agree that it’s ok for the mom to have an abortion and others will say it is not ok. Abortion is when a woman gets pregnant and didn’t really plan to, so they have to go through the decision of taking away the life in their stomach. That’s tough for the woman and people will agree that it is ok for he to make that decision. It’s her body and she can do whatever she wants to do with it. Teen pregnancy is going up and they never intend to have the baby. All they wanted was sex, and they think that is they have sex and be protected that they can’t get pregnant. It happened and now they don’t know what to do. So they get an abortion. The question stands, should abortion be allowed?
This topic is definitely a world controversial topic. People all over the world do get pregnant and then decide that they don’t want the baby so they allow the doctors to remove them from her stomach. I personally don’t agree with this, but I can’t be the one to decide for the world. At two weeks there is a heart beat of the fetus. So after that point and removing it, it would be considered killing a human to many. It’s not fair to those who want to have babies but can’t get pregnant . The ones who can just take the baby’s life away because they didn’t want it.
With abortion you are kind of taking away a baby’s choice to live. I know that you didn’t plan to have a baby and this seems like it is going to ruin you but you have to know that you decided to have sex. You thought that things like getting pregnant could never happen to you because you had protection but it did happen. Now you have a decision to make and when you make that decision you have to know that you holding someone’s else’s rights to live.
I cannot see me and my future girlfriend having an abortion because we were not ready to have a child. I wouldn’t feel comfortable knowing that I had to take a child’s life because I couldn’t keep my distance from my girlfriend. I typically like to look at all viewpoints of a problem but I can’t bring myself to look at through the other’s eyes.
Thinking about how this applies to Thoreau might be just simple. He was trying to warn and tell people that the government is immoral. While I might tell people that maybe taking away a baby’s life might not be right. He talks about how you will have to take a chance and risk your life to make a change. To show that the government isn’t what they seem to be. Just know that each machine is different so in order to break it you have to come at it from another way. I could talk to people in a way where they can understand  why abortion will seem immoral. I just have to know the right steps to take.
As far as Thoreau’s concepts in Civil Disobedience might work for the way he intended it to, it might actually be a little if a far fetch for it to work in this situation. Everyone can see why the government can be immoral but not everyone can see why abortion will be. This is definitely a very touchy topic to discuss with people. Its like walking on eggshells. I do respect the decision the person makes because it is their decision. But I can’t tell them they are wrong because that would be another moral issue. And it is not for me to say that you are wrong in your decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment